I decided to stick with the original picture for the home page. I also decided to make some changes to the design. I was not feeling the boxes for the header and footer, so I removed the shapes. I also changed the header/navigation to the green. I also adjusted the filters a bit.
The other change was to add a description to the Homepage. This was recommended by my professor so that search engines would have some data to pick up. The next step was to lay out the colors in Dreamweaver, which is a little overwhelming. I used a “starter page” which is like a layout template to get you going. Here’s the link to the first stage of building the actual site. I am a little intimidated as to how I am going to get the same filter effects for this page, but I am just going to go with basics and see what I can build on.